Faeriely Odd Witches

A little bit of morning magick...

I planted zinna's by the side of the road,

at my son's memorial, never really knowing their meaning, I just wanted something to be pretty and outlast the summer heat. I've been stopping in the mornings after taking my hubby to work, and watching them bloom for weeks....

this morning I decided to pick a few and bring them home! I am so glad these tiny little bunch of flowers started my monday off right, I'm usually feeling a little down after stopping there, but today I felt ok, ready to start my week ahead... of course as I drove the words to another poem filled my head.. but I came home and looked up the meaning & magick of Zinna's without really knowing, I planted my own little bit of healing magick..



Latin: Zinnia elegans
Color(s): Orange, rose, red, yellow, white, pink and lavender.
Archetype: Laughing Buddha, Pu-Tai. Laughing Buddha embodied perfect contentment, serenity, and happiness, and was often seen in the company of children, for whom he had a special fondness. He radiates a quality of nurturing abundance to all who behold him. He lives on within the core of humanity as a bearer of Unconditional Love.


Signature: A summer annual ranging from one to five inches. It has a double row of petals in colors including orange, rose, red, yellow, white, pink and lavender.


Healing Properties: Zinnia enhances one’s ability to rediscover the child-like qualities of playfulness, joy, delight, unconditional love, and a spirit of lighthearted innocence and adventure.

see also

Labels: , edit post
2 Responses
  1. Did you take this photo? It's totally gorgeous!


  2. yep I sure did.. and thanks!
    Mori`


Post a Comment