Faeriely Odd Witches



Cinnamon Vanilla Mabon Alter candle
Items needed;
Large vanilla candle
Dozen or more cinnamon sticks
You will also need several yards of thin natural green vine, such as the remaining vines of morning glory, or moon flowers.

Strip the leaves from the thin vine; begin by soaking the cinnamon sticks in warm water for a few minutes. This softens them up and opens up the curled ends so you can easily slip the vines through them. Save the warm cinnamon water for our next project!
Start by lacing and weaving the vine in and out of the cinnamon stick opens to form a small fence of cinnamon sticks big enough to go around your candle.
Once the cinnamon sticks are large enough to fit around your candle, wrap around the vanilla candle, and tie off with a piece of natural jute.
The candle is a wonderful affordable addition to your a Mabon Alter.
As the candle burns you’ll get the added pleasure of a nice scent of vanilla cinnamon.

Cinnamon Scented spell Paper

Items needed:
Cinnamon water
Tea bags
Paper

Heat the remaining water, that you used to soak the cinnamon sticks in, place bowl in microwave for a couple seconds until very warm, add your favorite tea bag, and place pieces of paper into the bowl.



Allow the paper to soak for about 30 minutes or until desired tint is reached. Then remove and dry flat, it will have a wonderful cinnamon scent that last for months, and is perfect for your BOS, or spell writing needs.
Mabon Blessings ~Mori~
9 Responses
  1. Lisa Says:

    Thanks. I love these ideas. Your paper and candle look so great. I love coming here.


  2. Mother Moon Says:

    I have done the candle with cinnamon sticks before and it works wonderfully... Plus it gives a slight aroma of the seasons.


  3. Wow, love both ideas! Thanks!


  4. Judith Says:

    Mmmmmmm, nice, I can smell it already! thanks for ideas


  5. I love it, I love it! I must do it! Thanks for sharing!


  6. VintageSage Says:

    This is absolutely an AWESOME idea!! Thanks for sharing!!!


  7. SunTiger Says:

    Awesome craft idea. I provided a link to your site from http://CyberCoven.blogspot.com. {Thank you for suggesting such a fun and worthwhile project.}


  8. Thank you Thank you Thank you all for the amazing comments on this blog posting.. I'm so glad everyone enjoyed it so much.. I enjoyed the craft... and I am really enjoying nature's gradual change into fall...
    blessings to you all
    ~Mori`


  9. I just want to let you know that I've nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger award.

    Stop by my blog to pick it up.

    Blessings,
    Skye


Post a Comment