Faeriely Odd Witches

The other day I was trying to sit outside and enjoy the weather, since it was finally not raining!
I was doing some reading and lasted about 5 minutes. The mosquitoes were just too much for me. Then a sad thought occurred. It's been quite awhile since I've seen many bats. There used to be so many outside I would almost have to duck! It seems the bat situation is worsening.






I have found some plastic bats the boys had and hung them in my special wish tree along with my bells from Mori, my favorite chimes and ribbons from past spells and sabbats. I'm wishing for the bats to come back and sending them out a blessing.
____________________

A Prayer for Animals
By Albert Schweitzer

Hear our humble prayer, O God,
for our friends the animals,
especially for animals who are suffering;
for any that are hunted or lost
or deserted or frightened or hungry;
for all that must be put to sleep.
We entreat for them all
Thy mercy and pity,
and for those who deal with them
we ask a heart of compassion
and gentle hands and kindly words.
Make us be true friends to animals



-Carol

Labels: edit post
2 Responses
  1. What a beautiful, beautiful blog! I've enjoyed reading through the posts tonight! Can't wait to see what you two write about next!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    I agree...love YOUR blog. And maybe if you build a bat ouse...they will come.

    http://www.eparks.org/wildlife_protection/wildlife_facts/bats/bat_house.asp

    Here is a link. :)

    Babs aka ming


Post a Comment