Faeriely Odd Witches


During this Samhain season , I want to make an effort to horor my ancestors. I just got an email from my aunt with my grandmothers stuffed cabbage recipe on it. I'm going to try and recreate it this week. I'm also setting out any old pictures I might have of my grandparents and other family members too.
-Carol

Honoring Ancestors

Autumn is the season when the dark of the year arrives. It is a time to turn inward and reflect on our ancestors and on those we love who have crossed to the other side of the veil. Begin building energy to welcome your loved ones on Samhain by placing photos or mementos of them on a table, bookshelf, or windowsill in the east area of a room. (East is the direction associated with ancestors and family.) Along with ancestral photos, you may want to include goddess images of Hecate, Cerridwen, Kali, Inanna, or Cybele. Samhain is when the goddess enters her crone aspect as Dark Mother and Wise One. She takes away what she has created, but in her dark womb is the seed of the next New Year. All that is old is new again.
by Sedwin
Labels: edit post
2 Responses
  1. I definately will be honoring my ancestors with gusto this year. It's been a trying year, so I need their guidance this year more than ever. Thanks for the post :)


  2. Bridgett Says:

    I'm trying to get pictures together as well...although I'm seriously contemplating having a permanent ancestor altar.

    )O(
    boo


Post a Comment