Faeriely Odd Witches
Changes~ autumn is near
Long before the leaves change to their beautiful shades of golden browns, orange and wine colors; nature has a way of showing us change is near. The butterflies that flock into the fields here are all beautiful shades of fall colors, yellows, browns and orange fluttering along on the wind. Spiral dances of love, you can sit and watch pairs of monarch butterflies painted with beautiful fall colors, spinning higher and higher in the air, in an amazing spiral dance. It’s such an amazing feeling to walk into the middle of the alfalfa fields , and be joined by hundreds of spiraling butterflies, I love to spin and turn and join them in their spiral dance of love. The last of the fall flowers are blooming marigolds and mums, in all shades, the last of the wild flowers in the field even sport their beautiful fall paint. The morning and evening air is turning cooler and darkness falls upon us earlier and earlier, but in the afternoon’s we are still blessed with the heat of the day, and can enjoy what I call the Missouri Indian summer. This is just the beginning of the changes the Mother Earth goes through, the last of her wonderful birth of growth,
with the fall harvest of her bounties upon us. Late October for us, is the heart of autumn, with Indian corn, pumpkins and gourds, and many things people truly symbolize as fall changes. The change of the seasons is much like the changes in our own life, when one learns to see the beauty in the smallest changes, the shades of color, the hint of things to come, things become more in tune. Balance and harmony falls into place, and we truly become one with the Earth Mother. We sometimes miss those little changes, those little hints of newly formed colors, that are happening in our own life, and before we know it change is upon us, leaving us with a feeling of where’d that come from. All changes happen for a reason, or a season I was once told, and this has become my own truth, I now watch for the slightest hint of color, the tiny change in the cricket’s song, the thickness of animal’s fur, and I find such beauty in it all. Embracing all life has to offer, from the smallest changes to the large full blown new paint job the Earth creates this time of year. We are now entering a time of inner silence, inner reflections, and a time for closeness of family and friends, a time of listening.
For me on a personal level, this is my time of giving thanks, “the Witch’s Thanksgiving.” I prepare myself and family for the coldness of winter, by stocking up on things, making sure our needs are met and we’ll have plenty to make it through another cold winters sleep. There was a time when this time of year was filled with sadness for the winter approaching, but as I grow older with age, I have learned to welcome change, in all forms, colors and shapes. I no longer allow the mourning of things passing, to fill my days, I live in the beauty for this very moment in time, I give thanks for all this past year has given me, the happy moments, the sadness and sorrow, lessons and my own spiritual growth. I can see how my own life cycles have become in balance with the Earth Mother, and I accept each new cycle with excitement and love for the beauty that surrounds. Long before the change arrives, take a look around your own life and home, learn to see the early signs of change, in the tiny thoughts that drift through your mind, the smallest of things that catch your eye, learn to honor those changes, and fill your life with magick and love.

Mor`Inanna Eaglesong © Sept. 2005
1 Response
  1. Yes, the wheel is turning. That's for certain.


Post a Comment