Faeriely Odd Witches

I decided once a week I would do some fun fairy cooking. Last night I made Italian Ricotta cookies. They look perfect for any fairy and just as delicious! They have a hint of lemon and taste kinda creamy cake like. They are my son's favorite and remind me of the ones you can find in Little Italy. So, we'll be loving these for awhile since they make quite a few. I'm sure the fae will love having a few too. Maybe I'll leave some to the Monaci della Montagna, little men in the Italian caves.

ITALIAN RICOTTA COOKIES
1/2 lb. butter
2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 lb. Ricotta
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
4 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
Cream butter; add sugar and continue creaming. Add egg and Ricotta and vanilla; beat well. Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda, salt; add to batter.

Drop about a teaspoon of dough on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degree oven about 10 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Cool.

FROSTING:
2 c. confectionery sugar
1/4 c. butter
3 tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. lemon juice

Mix well, dip each cooled cookie into frosting and sprinkle with sprinkles.
www.cooks.com



-Carol
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment